Summer School (5-16yrs)
In July, we run a very popular English Language Summer School for children and teens aged 5 to 16. Every day the children receive a combination of language lessons and activities in English.
The activities differ each year and may include art, sport, IT and drama or dance. We aim to develop their English language skills and give them the opportunity to make new friends in an international environment.
Children can attend one week or both weeks of the Summer School and we provide an early drop-off and late pickup service, starting at 8.00 in the morning and ending at 16.30 in the afternoon.
We welcome many returning students every year and we look forward to having them join us again next Summer!
The British School was really great! Thank you! My English teacher was also great!
Dates for 2017:
24-28 July and/or 31 July - 4 August
Goals of the Summer School Programme
- Develop students’ fluency and confidence in English
- Combine learning English with a variety of activities
- To encourage new friendships in an international environment
- To emphasise communicating in English
- Develop student’s vocabulary
- Develop cultural understanding
Programme Information & Prices
- Choose one or two weeks in July – August (we recommend two weeks)
- Maximum 16 students per class
- Topic-based teaching
- Ages 5-16
- Early drop-off and/or late pick-up available
- Native speaking English teachers
Age appropriate activities can include:
Course information & prices will be published by the end of January 2017.
Registration is possible from the end of January 2017.
- We collect all the forms until the end of March
- We form the groups based on the most popular ages and levels asked for by the parents on the forms.
- We place the children.
- Parents are emailed at this stage if there is no suitable group for their child/children.
- The children who fit into the groups are entered in the database and the confirmations/bills are sent out. This happens in April.
Children are placed on a first come first served basis. Full = full.
Here are what just a handful of our parents and children had to say about the BSN Learning Centre Summer School:
- The best week of my life!
- ‘I met some nice people and learned a lot of new words.’
- My daughter had enormous fun.
- ‘The British School was really great! Thank you! My English teacher was also great!’
- The course programme is good and has a lot of different activities to keep the children motivated.
- ‘The afternoon activities are appreciated very much, as is the variation in the programme from year to year.’