What Sets Us Apart?
The BSN Language Centre is part of the British School in The Netherlands and is a non-profit organisation. We have served the international, and business communities of The Hague and surrounding areas since 1985.
The Language Centre was originally set up by the British Council before becoming part of the British School in The Netherlands.
We have a British-English educational background, and maintain a high standard of teaching and learning for all our students. The BSN Language Centre strives to get the best out of our students; adults and children - regardless of their age or language ability.
Our mission is to help you advance your communication skills in English or Dutch!
But what is it that sets us apart from other language schools?
Modern and well-equipped building
- The air-conditioned, spacious classrooms have the latest technology and interactive whiteboards
- There are digital learning and information resources available, as well as a self-study centre available during summer intensives for students
- Students can enjoy the café lounge with a seating area and a hot drinks machine, which is a friendly community gathering place
- There is FREE Wi-Fi for students throughout the entire building
- Our teachers are highly qualified, native-speaker teachers
- They have personal experience of moving to other countries with their own families, and therefore understand your language learning needs as you settle in; and / or your need to improve your English to enhance your career.
- All are qualified teachers with years of experience
Variety of different courses
- We offer the possibility to start most of the courses whenever it suits you
- A range of courses are available: for children, adults, teachers and professionals
- Daytime, evening and weekend courses on offer; as well as during the summer holiday
- Free level testing
Accessibility and parking
- The building is easily accessible by car from the A4/A12 and surrounding cities of the Hague, as well as by public transport from the centre of The Hague (trams 3 and 4) or Rotterdam (metro)
- FREE parking is available adjacent to the facility
- Classes are small, with a wide variety of student nationalities
- Interesting and varied classes with a range of activities aimed towards their specific age groups, keeping children motivated by making learning more fun
- Original and practical methods
- A course's language is used consistently throughout lessons, as well as during breaks, to ensure development of conversational fluency
- Subjects range from everyday sentences and words to professional jargon