Summer School (5-16yrs)
In July, we run a very popular English Language Summer School for children and teens aged 5 to 16. Every day the children receive a combination of language lessons and activities in English.
The activities differ each year and may include art, sport, IT and drama or dance. We aim to develop their English language skills and give them the opportunity to make new friends in an international environment.
Children can attend one week or both weeks of the Summer School and we provide an early drop-off and late pickup service, starting at 8.00 in the morning and ending at 16.30 in the afternoon.
We welcome many returning students every year and we look forward to having them join us again this Summer!
Dates for 2017:
24 - 28 July and/or 31 July - 4 August
2017 Course information Application form
Goals of the Summer School programme
- Develop students’ fluency and confidence in English
- Combine learning English with a variety of activities
- To encourage new friendships in an international environment
- To emphasise communicating in English
- Develop student’s vocabulary
- Develop cultural understanding
- You can choose one or two weeks (we recommend two weeks)
- Maximum 16 students per class
- Topic-based teaching
- Early drop-off and/or late pick-up available
- Native speaking English teachers
Age appropriate activities can include
How does registration work?
- We form the groups based on the most popular ages and levels asked for by the parents on the forms.
- We place the children.
- Parents are emailed at this stage if there is no suitable group for their child/children.
- The children who fit into the groups are registered and the confirmations/bills are sent out.
Children are placed on a first come first served basis. The groups fill up very quickly.
- Each submitted registration form received by the BSN Language Centre is considered a definite application even if the payment has not been made.
- The registration will not be cancelled automatically if you do not pay or if your children do not come.
- Cancellation requests must be done in writing and they are only valid after the BSN Language Centre has confirmed having received them.
- The BSN Language Centre cannot be held responsible for post not being delivered or emails not arriving. Please check your SPAM mail.
The following cancellation fees apply:
- Cancellation or changes before 31 May 2017
- 30 euros per child per week
- Cancellation between 31 May & 19 June 2017
- 50% of the course fee per child per week
- Cancellation after 20 June 2017
- The full fee will be charged/retained
Reviews from students
Here is what just a handful of our parents and children had to say about the Summer School:
- The best week of my life!
- ‘I met some nice people and learned a lot of new words.’
- My daughter had enormous fun.
- ‘The British School was really great! Thank you! My English teacher was also great!’
- The course programme is good and has a lot of different activities to keep the children motivated.
- ‘The afternoon activities are appreciated very much, as is the variation in the programme from year to year.’